People are at the core of Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receive over 100 million visitors annually.
We are currently seeking a skilled English/Spanish, Fraud Prevention Agent for our Credit Card Verification team. This person will be responsible not only for fraud prevention for our US business but also for our Spanish speaking customers.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in customer service and experience with the credit card verification process.
This is an Entry level role
There isn’t a better time to join our growing team!
- Addressing and resolving Credit Card Verification team issues
- Contacting customers and banks to verify credit card information on a daily basis – for international and domestic cards
- Responding to customer calls, e-mails and resolving customer concerns in the most courteous and professional manner
- Processing interdepartmental queries and requirements regarding credit card verification
- Routing calls to the relevant departments
- Handling any required data entry
- Generating reports as required by the manager
- Must be able to adapt and take on any additional responsibilities within the team as per changing business needs and demands
- 1-2 years of credit card fraud detection experience
- Experience with credit card processing/verifications
- Experienced with customer service
- Must be proactive, detail oriented and a quick learner
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work under pressure
- Experience in the Travel Industry is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required in English and Spanish
- Basic knowledge of an Airline Reservation system (GDS) preferred
- Working knowledge of Destination Geography and City codes is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Personal Impact: Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will:
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Maturity to work goals at hand, but also able to consider overall strategies of the firm and create opportunities previously unseen.
- Understand power of ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business
Fareportal’s Mission is to “Make travel effortless, affordable, and enjoyable by providing customers with their perfect trip, through the relentless pursuit of innovation in technology and unsurpassed customer care.” If you love technology, travel and innovation, commence your journey here.