Fareportal is one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receives over 100 million visitors annually.
We are seeking an Business DATA Analyst for our Fraud department possessing solid reasoning and analytical skills to support our Fraud team. This person will be responsible for assisting departments with the preparation of actual, forecast, and budget-related deliverables as well as investigating and keeping departments abreast of performance improving trends.
- Demonstrated experience working through complex business problems and partnering with internal clients using a consultative approach
- Strong analytical/business modeling skills with ability to convert raw data into actionable reporting and scalable data architectures
- Deep understanding of the practical application of data relationships from various and differing systems (both technical and process)
- Have proven experience in integration designs, methods and technologies that improve system performance, monitoring, scalability and availability
- Design and produce analyses that answer complex business questions and synthesize and communicate findings to business leaders
- Should be able to transform big data into insights & actionable items
- Work very closely with the business, support their analytics needs and bring deep, meaningful and actionable insights
- Communicate concise information at all levels of organization
- Formulate new and creative ways of building big data relationships in a highly matrixed systems landscape
- Ad-hoc projects
- 2-5 years in experience data analytics, Excel/Word/Powerpoint,
- Must have people management experience
- Understanding of data entry and related processes
- Experience with ecommerce fraud or payments reporting a plus
- Prior experience of Risk Management would be an added advantage
- Understand business needs, create core sets of reports, enable self-service reporting and contribute to business workflow optimization
- Work experience with Tableau & or BI, highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to time constraints
Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . .
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Have the maturity to work on goals at hand, but also the ability to consider overall strategies
- Understand power of our ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business
Fareportal’s Mission is to “Make travel effortless, affordable, and enjoyable by providing customers with their perfect trip, through the relentless pursuit of innovation in technology and unsurpassed customer service.” If you love technology, travel and innovation, commence your journey here.