Engineering is what drives Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receive over 100 million visitors annually.
We are seeking a Team Lead, .NET Developer, well versed in high capacity processing systems to propel teams responsible for increasing customer engagement with Email/SMS/Push Notification Marketing systems.
If you thrive in a fast paced, Agile, TDD, Microsoft environment this role will offer tremendous exposure to developing apps around large volume traffic in a performance driven environment.
- Lead a team of developers accountable for high performing business applications across the enterprise through full SDLC
- Operate in an organized, systematic way to further empower already successful, high performing on and offshore teams
- Lead entire SDLC from beginning to end, including unit testing, QA, and release
- Define clear goals in accordance with overall company vision and create blueprints to achieve those goals
- Provide development and architecture solutions for numerous challenging projects across a growing organization
- Strong technical experience in ASP.NET web platform such as web forms/ MVC, layered architecture, and design pattern is required.
Desired Skills and Experience
Fareportal Fundamentals require some combination of:
- OTA/Flights experience; with a strong understanding of the industry
- E-Commerce exposure
- Technology awareness/background
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Masters degree preferable
- 3+ years of experience leading on and offshore teams (5+) in high traffic, user experience based environments
- 5+ years of experience in ASP.NET, C#; specifically large, highly scalable, web based systems
- Experience in building highly scalable systems in e-commerce environment
- Experience in building CRM systems to manage customer data
- Have a good understanding of Mail Delivery protocols and systems.
- Have a strong background on working with databases.
- The ideal candidate will possess a high level understanding of customer acquisition and engagement (feature adoption) and the platforms used to achieve this (Google Analytics etc).
- C#/.Net, MVC
Technical Skills (60%)
- Knowledge of best practices for the full SDLC of n-tiered asynchronous large scale applications; from coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations perspectives.
- In-depth experience with C# and ASP .NET 3.0/4.0 or higher MVC and SOA
- Deep understanding of multi-threading and real-time software architectures
- Unit testing frameworks, code coverage and static code analysis
- Knowledge of Mail delivery protocols and messaging systems.
- Desirable experience with SMS or push notification implementation.
Management Skills (40%)
- Encourage and create self-directed work teams, employee empowerment, distributed decision making
- Ability to lead, inspire, and motivate teams through effective communication and established credibility
- Excellent self-management and organization skills; promoting the behaviors that you want to see in employees
Personal Impact: Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . . . .
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Maturity to work goals at hand, but also able to consider overall strategies of the firm and create opportunities previously unseen.
- Understand power of ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business
______________________________________________________________________________________________Fareportal’s Mission is to “Make travel effortless, affordable, and enjoyable by providing customers with their perfect trip, through the relentless pursuit of innovation in technology and unsurpassed customer service.” If you love technology, travel and innovation, commence your journey here.