Engineering is what drives Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receives over 100 million visitors annually.
The right applicant will possess strong developing, maintaining and executing test plans, as well as, carrying out functional and regression testing on all Fareportal products working with offshore teams.
To test software code as per work allocated within the quality standards prescribed so as to meet the Business requirements.
- To schedule the tasks and report.
- To test the Functionality as per the Test plan and respective Test Cases.
- To contributes while test plans are developed as per the work assigned.
- To coordinate with team (for discussions) and interact with Business(for updates).
- To create( & review ) the Test Cases from the Functional Specifications / Software Requirement Specification document.
- Good Database Concepts with working knowledge of any of the following SQL/MySQL. Knowledge of NoSQL would be an advantage
- Experience of ETL/Data Ware House would be a bonus.
- Work with the development and business analysis teams to develop acceptance test plans for new products and new functionality on existing products.
- Execute test plans and report defects to development team. Verify fixes from development.
- Should be able to estimate the testing efforts, from high level requirement.
- Keep your manager up to date on test planning and execution status, defects and blocking issues.
- Help setup and manage multiple test environments, With the rest of the test team, peer review test approach and test cases for a given release.
- Identify test cases suitable for automation and performance testing.
- Good Database Concepts with working knowledge of any of the following SQL/MySQL.
UG - B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization
PG - MCA/MSc
- Experience in testing web based products/Application with hands on experience in ecommerce/Travel domain.
- Prior experience of working in a test team that performs complete product testing.
- Sound knowledge on concepts of Software test engineering (test designing), verification, validation, agile methodology and testing techniques for web and desktop applications.
- Experience of writing test scripts, test cases, use cases from requirement documents and mock-up.
- Analytical and problem solving ability,knowledge/experience in travel domain.
- Knowledge of defect, regression, daily build, repository, test plans, etc.
- Understanding of SDLC and STLC provides feedback on software requirement documentation pertaining to software development projects.
- Ability to understand and write queries (SQL) for the test data extraction and manipulation.
- Experience in server level monitoring (verifying logs/exceptions).
Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit. The right people will. . .
Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
Maturity to work goals at hand, but also able to consider overall strategies of the firm and create opportunities previously unseen.
Understand power of ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business.
Fareportal’s Mission is to “Make travel effortless, affordable, and enjoyable by providing customers with their perfect trip, through the relentless pursuit of innovation in technology and unsurpassed customer service.” If you love technology, travel and innovation, commence your journey