The Key candidate will establish a networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards. They will maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization. This person will be responsible in securing our network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access. The candidate should be enjoying researching and testing new technologies and make recommendations to enhance the overall infrastructure. Must possess hands on experience and be able to report on network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects. This candidate will need to work with a cross functional team in desktop, cloud and data center in a global environment
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
- Configure and Manage Juniper/ Cisco Firewalls and Security (ASA, SRX family) in HA configuration
- Configure and Manage Cisco/Juniper Switches (EX, QFX, Nexus family)
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments
- Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications
- Demonstrates expertise and/or a proven record of success with leading efforts emphasizing the design and development of Data Networks (WAN, LAN, WLAN, WWAN)
- Hands on Experience with the LAN protocols as TCP / IP - ARP, FTP, TFTP, Traceroute, Ping, FCIP, FCoE
- 2-3 years experience with MPLS, Point-to- Point, RIPv2, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP-4, EGP, SNMP (V1/V2/V3)
- Extensive knowledge of MPBGP, MPLS, VPLS, BGP/MPLS IPVPN
- Manage LAN/WAN links for Bandwidth optimization and failover using Radware Load Balancers
- Network Security Engineering (Policies, Proxies, Authentication, 802.1x etc)
- Experienced with IPsec, Dynamic and Route Based VPN tunnels
- Monitoring configuration: sFlow, jflow, Netflow, traceoptions and packet captures
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives
- Manage day-to-day operations and projects in the areas of Routers, Switches, LAN, WAN, WLAN, Proxies, Load Balancers (F5) or Citrix Netscalers, DMZ, Remote Access, Authentication (such as Radius), 3DNS, Intrusion Prevention/Detection Systems (IDS), wireless authentication clients, traffic shaping and policy management and other operational/engineering activities as required
- Be available on-call on a 24x7 basis if needed to help support any on-air impacting outages
- Implementation of new Network Devices, Firewalls, and related systems New vendor product review and selection
- 2-3 years experience with large L3/L2 network design and development
- 2-3 years experience with IOS, JunOS and hardware
- 2-3 years knowledge of routing and switching concepts and technology
- 2-3 years knowledge of QoS and queuing theory
- Significant documentation skills, mostly in Visio schematics
- Juniper and Cisco Certifications preferred
Personal Impact: Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit...
The right people will. . . . .
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Have the maturity to work on goals at hand, but also the ability to consider overall strategies
- Understand power of our ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business
Fareportal “Next Gen Travel Concierge” Fareportal’s Mission is to “Make travel effortless, affordable, and enjoyable by providing customers with their perfect trip, through the relentless pursuit of innovation in technology and unsurpassed customer service.” If you love technology, travel and innovation, commence your journey here.