Fareportal is hiring a talented API Product Lead to work in our New York City office. This position is responsible for the coordination, documentation, standardization, and design of Fareportal’s application programming interfaces. The successful candidate will work with both our existing API methods as well as the specification of new methods and APIs to support our successful ecosystem of dynamic applications. You will act as the lead resource for our developers, helping them to build solutions and provide technical product expertise.
- Become an expert in the features and benefits of our existing applications and become the go-to expert on our API methods
- Propose and/or design technical solutions, which could include mock-ups and documented work flows
- Provide proactive support to internal and external partners building applications
- Deliver web-based demos as needed to support development initiatives
Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS Degree (Computer Science/Engineering majors preferred)
- 2+ years of Web development experience, ideally in the MSFT stack
- 1 or more years of product management experience
- Familiarity with JSON, SOAP and XML APIs and web services
- Experience developing against APIs using REST concepts
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- High level of customer service ability
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience writing clear and accurate design specifications
- Ability to work individually and within a highly collaborative team setting
- Experience with multiple development platforms
- Willingness to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment
Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . .
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Have the maturity to work on goals at hand, but also the ability to consider overall strategies
- Understand power of our ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business
Fareportal’s Mission is to “Make travel effortless, affordable, and enjoyable by providing customers with their perfect trip, through the relentless pursuit of innovation in technology and unsurpassed customer service.” If you love technology, travel and innovation, commence your journey here.