Product Manager - Big Data
Fareportal is hiring a talented Product Manager to work in our New York City office. As our Big Data PM, you will be responsible for the strategy, development, and management of our big data focused products. You will work within a newly created team to help define and launch game-changing, innovative software products and web applications aimed at making travel more enjoyable and affordable. You will partner closely with world-class talent across web, data science and business groups and have access to some of the richest and most robust data to drive meaningful business impact with new products.
You should be Data Driven, adept in agile development processes and be able to understand (and describe) big data, APIs, software development, and the unique business needs of high volume e-commerce while at the same time being able to simplify complex and sometimes competing requirements. You will also be a strong communicator who is equally adept at talking to engineers, marketers, and customers.
- Own multiple, big data product roadmaps around Fareportal’s go-to-market strategies, strategic positioning, and product updates for our big data products
- Build consensus on product priorities leading to execution
- Become an expert on up-and-coming “big data” technologies that enable Fareportal to create new product lines
- Develop product roadmaps and work with data scientists and engineers to define, prioritize, and deliver core products from conception to production
- Create mock-ups and document workflows to drive consensus around design and technical solutions
- Create customer and business Key Performance Indicators to drive priorities and communicate results
- Write clear user stories and requirements that articulate desired product functionality
- Participate in project planning activities, and develop project plans for tasks, timeline, and milestones; assist with delivering product training and user manuals as needed
- Update senior leadership regarding project statuses, risks and resolution options
- Support the creation of executive-level presentations (e.g., data analysis, graph generation etc.)
Skills & Experience:
- Experience working with large data sets in cloud environments
- The ability to both conceptualize and clearly articulate use cases derived from big data sets
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ or more years of product management experience
- Background in data science or software engineering
- Passion for building great web applications and thirst for learning new ways to deliver great software products
- Proven experience in customer development, product definition, feature scoping, and balancing tradeoffs for industry-leading business software products
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work individually and within a highly collaborative team setting
- Management of products in SaaS delivery model
- Skilled at communicating data-driven insights and coming up with accessible ways to visualize data
Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . .
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the wayside – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Have the maturity to work on goals at hand, but also the ability to consider overall strategies.
- Understand power of our ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business
Fareportal’s Mission is to “Make travel effortless, affordable, and enjoyable by providing customers with their perfect trip, through the relentless pursuit of innovation in technology and unsurpassed customer service.” If you love technology, travel and innovation, commence your journey here.