Engineering is what drives Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receive over 100 million visitors annually. Our online brands like CheapOAir and OneTravel are quickly rising to fame, surpassing Kayak, Hotels.com, Travelocity, and Priceline in air sales volume.
What can be more exciting than mobile web development these days? In this position, you will be in charge of continued success of our mobile web solution. Our mobile web platform is built on steroids, and working on it would make anyone highly involved.
This is the chance to collaborate closely with our mobile web product team, and give them all support from engineering side. It’s a perfect opportunity to learn what it means to be a part of mobile web eCommerce team.
The right applicant will possess strong communication skills, computer science fundamentals, as well as at least 5 years of hands on experience in a C# environment focused on improving user experience.
- Develop a project delivery focus within the team and make use of Agile project techniques.
- Architectural ownership of assigned applications
- Makes sure team follows merges code, code coverage and integration standards
- Insures team adheres to departmental level architectural guidance
- Become the professional “go-to-guy” within the team
- Identify and analyze the root problem and requirements to propose a suitable solution.
- Actively stay on top of known or suspected issues from internal or outside sources, including bug reports, research, telemetry, and employee observations.
- Work with product, marketing, and other departments. Prioritize initiatives and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Work with remote teams, making sure team load, staffing and other needs are fulfilled
- Contribute to audience segmentation, yield optimization and other media optimization efforts.
- Stays on top of all third party integrations, related to air line of business
- Make sure key air core systems meet SLA expectations
- Technically responsible for a team of 5+
- Strong analytical skills, able to scope projects, convert business requirements into projects and user stories.
- Possess core competence in Web application Design, Development and Implementation.
- Innovative and analytical thinking, experienced working in high volume of transactions websites
- Strong understanding of REST-based APIs and SOA architecture
- Expert knowledge of MVC, .Net Framework, Ember/Angular
- Proficient in TDD and unit testing
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
Desired Skills: the following experience is relevant to us:
- Travel and/or E-Commerce exposure
- Excellence in Engagement Management derived from outstanding communication skills with the ability to mentor and motivate taskforce
- Any travel related, and GDS experience with accent on airline tickets is a big plus
- Previous exposure to MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, ELK, FluentD
- Hands-on AWS experience
- Strong C# fundamentals & problem solving ability. Experienced working in TFS
- 5+ years of hands on experience in a C# environment focused on improving user experience.
- BSc degree in computer science or similar field
Personal Impact: Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . . . .
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Ready for a change, and make decisions in the high demanding environment
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the wayside – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Maturity to work goals at hand, but also able to consider overall strategies of the firm and create opportunities previously unseen.
- Understand power of ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business
Fareportal’s Mission is to “Make travel effortless, affordable, and enjoyable by providing customers with their perfect trip, through the relentless pursuit of innovation in technology and unsurpassed customer service.” If you love technology, travel and innovation, commence your journey here.