People are at the core of Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receive over 100 million visitors annually.
We are seeking a Product Manager of Customer Communications. The ideal candidate will be responsible for helping define, direct, and launch the software products that enable and facilitate communication between Fareportal’s brands and our customers. We are looking for a unique individual who can synthesize information from our customers, employees, the market, and the competitive landscape to conceive and build game-changing products. The successful candidate will work with both our existing Email Express and Communications Express applications as well as manage the roadmap for all other systems that communicate with our customers.
You should be adept in agile development processes and be able to understand software, user interface design, and the business needs of marketers and be able to simplify complex and sometimes competing requirements. You will also be a strong communicator who is equally adept at talking to engineers, marketers, and customers.
- Own the product roadmap around Fareportal’s go-to-market strategies, strategic positioning, and product updates for our core communications products
- Become an expert on up-and-coming technologies that create new opportunities for communications
- Develop a product roadmap and work with designers and engineers to define, prioritize, and deliver core products
- Propose and/or design technical solutions, which include mock-ups and documented work flows
- Provide proactive support to internal partners building applications that need to utilize your communications infrastructure
- Create customer and business Key Performance Indicators that you will use to drive priorities and communicate results.
- Write clear user stories/requirements that articulate desired product functionality.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ or more years of product management experience
- Experience with end user communication mediums including emails, push, and/or SM
- Background in software engineering, and knowledge of email marketing industry
- Passion for building great web applications and thirst for learning new ways to deliver great software products
- Proven experience in customer development, product definition, feature scoping, and balancing tradeoffs for industry-leading business software products
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work individually and within a highly collaborative team setting
- Willingness to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment
- Management of products in SaaS delivery model
- Skilled at communicating data-driven insights and coming up with accessible ways to visualize data
Personal Impact: Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will . . .
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Have the maturity to work on goals at hand, but also the ability to consider overall strategies
- Understand power of our ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business
Fareportal’s Mission is to “Make travel effortless, affordable, and enjoyable by providing customers with their perfect trip, through the relentless pursuit of innovation in technology and unsurpassed customer service.” If you love technology, travel and innovation, commence your journey here.