Product Analyst, Finance
People are at the core of Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receive over 100 million visitors annually.
We are seeking a highly motivated Product Analyst who is passionate about comprehensive understanding of business issues, ability to analyze them, make recommendations and create solutions to address the gaps. This individual will think/act globally and contribute innovative ideas to further Fareportal business and create efficiencies.
- Gain a deep understanding of existing Finance processes, dependencies and systems and contribute to continually enhance and optimize them
- Manage backlog of projects and prioritize them based on cost-benefit analysis in collaboration with leadership team
- Translate scope and strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Monitor post-implementation performance for adherence to goals and objectives
- Collaborate with technology teams in delivery of the solutions
- Create awareness of business processes and tools in the user community
- Have a good understanding of the practical application of data relationships between various systems
- Have a strong desire to formulate new and creative ways of building data relationships in a fast paced, matrix environment with a high rate of change
- Partner with all internal stakeholders to help drive the business
- Ability to create adhoc reports
- Deliver good quality documentation along with BPM & WorkFlows
- Active participation in Daily Scrum meetings
- User testing and ongoing maintenance to improve internal customer CSAT
Technical Skills required:
- Experience in Financial analysis/ software products
- Process/System Analysis
- User Acceptance Testing
- Requirements gathering
- DB /Cube - Ability to write basic SQL queries
- MS Visio/Unit Test & Mock-ups frameworks/BI
- Fraud Rules – Identification/implementation/trend analysis/reporting.
- FACT team email design/implementation/reporting.
- Credit Card decline process redesign.
- Finance Product Support.
- Implementation/Quality Monitoring/Assurance of Finance team deliveries.
- E-commerce Finance Process design.
- Fraud tools (Kount/Accertify/Fraud.net).
- Process Gap Analysis – Interact with all business users to understand the manual process gaps and automate.
- Create complete Scope Documents and User Stories in a way that it does not generate development rework
- Utilize agent touch points from FACT team and help improve the productivity.
- Help FACT team achieve the fraud target of .15% from current .65%.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of relevant exp. Preferred.
- Travel/E-commerce industry experience
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong data management / modeling and reporting analytics skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including strong verbal, written communication skills and excellent listening skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels within and outside the organization, including senior management.
- Ability to work on many tasks simultaneously in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to work successfully across cultures and regions
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . .
Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
Have the maturity to work on goals at hand, but also the ability to consider overall strategies
Understand power of our ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business
_________________________________________________________________________________________Fareportal’s Mission is to “Make travel effortless, affordable, and enjoyable by providing customers with their perfect trip, through the relentless pursuit of innovation in technology and unsurpassed customer service.” If you love technology, travel and innovation, commence your journey here.