Director Product Management - CRM & Marketing Systems
People are at the core of Fareportal. Product innovation and Engineering are what drive Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship products CheapOair and OneTravel, receive over 200 million visitors annually.
Fareportal is hiring a highly talented and motivated product manager to lead our Marketing, CRM and Loyalty systems. This position will drive innovation by leading cross functional teams across product, design marketing and engineering. You will be responsible not only for roadmaps across multiple business critical systems; but also for working with a world class team to develop industry leading ideas and to turn these ideas into live products. You and your team will be responsible for crafting the vision, defining and defending product roadmaps, and driving those roadmaps from business requirements through post-launch analytical analysis to determine if success metrics are met.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Act as the product owner for Fareportal’s marketing systems which include: customer communications, CRM, CMS, and loyalty
- Own the product vision for your area. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop roadmaps, create product definitions, establish milestones and manage the implementation and evolution of the product development cycle
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product Managers play a critical role in creating alignment between teams and stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job
- Drive continual product improvements and inform the product roadmap with new ideas based on ongoing customer research, market/competitive analysis, and product performance
- Identify new key performance indicators and monitor those KPIs
- Work closely with product development and marketing teams throughout the company to understand their needs and incorporate them into the broader set of requirements
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate
- Partner with engineering to drive technical projects and provide leadership in an Agile development process, setting scope, prioritizing features & stories, managing daily progress, and defining acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with other Product Managers, UX/UI Designers and Engineering teams to drive successful integrations across products
- 7+ years experience leading a product team and driving product roadmaps
- Minimum five years experience in building successful software products
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Stats, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of SOA and microservices technical architecture
- Proven track record of launching products across multiple platforms
- Strong technical background and ability to speak in-depth with engineering staff and leaders about implications and trade-offs of decisions.
- Ability to define product vision by producing clear product requirements, user stories and architecture diagrams
- Motivated self-starter with a proven track record of taking products to market from idea conception to launch in a fast-paced environment
- Savvy leader with exceptional bandwidth who can navigate a high growth, rapidly changing organization
- Experience working with systems at scale (Billions of records and yearly sales)
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Relentlessly recruit the best product and engineering talent
- Impeccable consumer focus and professionalism
- Proven ability to prioritize and delegate
- Deep internet business knowledge with demonstrable domain expertise within either CRM, Email, or CMS systems
- Travel Industry experience
- Experience working in the rapidly changing environment of a startup
Personal Impact: Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . . .
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Maturity to work goals at hand, but also able to consider overall strategies of the firm and create opportunities previously unseen.
- Understand power of ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business.
Mission: To be the world's best flight booking and customer experience company with a human touch