Min. Experience: Experienced in SOA, service development and with understanding of mobile app architectures.
People are at the core of Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our CheapOair and OneTravel iOS and Android Apps receive over 10 million visitors annually towards a goal of 100 million.
Fareportal offers a plethora of travel products such as Booking Engines for flight, cars, hotels, vacations, events and activities and mobile websites. We use the latest, cutting edge technologies to produce one of the fastest loading and high converting travel websites.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Mobile Apps, to develop high performing web services for our Mobile Apps. across our suite of US and International travel tech. This role will offer a visible impact in a dynamic, fast moving environment; balancing business necessity with technical excellence and creativity. Help produce services for our Mobile App products in an Agile environment.
In this role you will:
- Work with the tech teams from Air, Hotel, Car, Marketing-Tech, Ops-tech, finance-tech, data science teams to create Web Services for Mobile Apps.
- Work out architectures to cache data efficiently on the backend to speed up App searches.
- Help build new state of the art Machine Learning for the Mobile Apps.
- Work on personalization.
- Services will be
- Manage the Mobile App services technology stack and deliver new services for Mobile.
- ‘Develop and deliver quality code,implement solution to analyze
- Master & implement unit testing, mocking, code reviewing etc
- Suggest new improvements to advance the business (product, process or architecture/code) all the way through implementation
- Regularly analyze and fix performance, architecture design & build issues
- Active contributor on code reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Experience with Analytic Software/Product like Google Analytic/ Omniture etc is highly desired.
- Experience working with Ecommerce an Online Travel or Hospitality Industry preferred
- In-depth experience with SOA, WCF service implementation, C# and ASP .NET 4.0 or higher, MVC.
- AWS work experience will be a plus.
- Node.js will be a Plus.
- Some understanding of Mobile App Architecture will be a plus (App Developoment on iOS or Android will be a plus)
- Experience with Analytical Tool/Software Fundamental architecture understanding; including solid principles of class structures and design patterns
- Understanding of SQL; including database structure and stored procedures
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle of n-tiered asynchronous large scale applications; from coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations perspectives
- Unit testing frameworks, code coverage and static code analysis
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and act tactically
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work cross functionally with many different teams
- A self-starter that can lead projects
Personal Impact: Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . . . .
Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
Maturity to work goals at hand, but also able to consider overall strategies of the firm and create opportunities previously unseen.
Understand power of ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business.