Engineering is what drives Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receives over 100 million visitors annually.
We are seeking a customer-centric, Product Analyst, Ancillary Products possessing at least 3 years of experience focused on building e-commerce products to enhance our portfolio of travel ancillary products and services (Ancillary - bags, seats, rich media, wifi, meals, etc) . The Ancillary analyst’s main focus is to define and execute a roadmap based on business vision, market trends, customer feedback and business analytics in the air ancillary space.
This role is as strategic as it is tactical; with an overall focus to add value to the organization and our customers. The right person will advance the Ancillary product roadmap through the use of analytics, project coordination related to product development and participate in the analysis of the impact of price changes. The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical acumen and proven experience working within the full product life cycle while also supporting the strategic and tactical direction of the Ancillary product portfolio, including baggage options, seat assignments, and other ancillaries offered by Global Distribution System (GDS) and 3rd party providers.
- Define and launch new products and programs; collaborate with Ancillary product owner to define and execute a product roadmap based on business vision, market trends, customer feedback and business analytics
- Implement A/B tests from product design and pricing perspectives and analyze product performance to ensure a desirable ancillary offering to the right customer at the right time in the purchase path
- Ongoing competitive analysis to ensure that we are providing top-tier ancillary products to our online consumers
- Collaborate closely with the Ancillary Product Owner, other product Managers, UX/UI Designers and Engineering teams to drive successful integrations across products
- Work with Product Owners, Product Business Analysts, & Stakeholders early on in feature definition to understand targeted users and feature goals, suggest measurements, events to track and KPIs and dashboard specifications
- Equal focus on performance measures such as attachment rate for each ancillary product along with the revenue per ancillary product booked as well as customer satisfaction from the product sold.
- Manage prioritization of new feature enhancements and bug/fixes in collaboration with the Ancillary product owner and the development team
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate
- Manage the product lifecycle from planning through to tactical launch activities
- Champion new innovative ideas that drive competitive superiority
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years industry experience; must have excellent relationship skills, a strong customer focus, creativity, and a drive for results.
- Experience in an OTA/TMC/Airline/GDS is a must
- Hands on experience with A/B testing and tools, with a strong understanding of data driven decision-making
- Proven experience with full product development lifecycle, from concept to launch
- Proven ability to define and execute a successful product roadmap
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and continuously fuel innovation to yield a world class product
- Develop and manage ongoing relationships at multiple organizational levels, and work in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver both formal and informal presentations to groups of all sizes
- Experience with prototyping or wireframing tools like Axure, Invision, Balsamiq, etc.
- Excellent analytical abilities; fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, demonstrated attention to detail
- Impeccable consumer focus and professionalism
- Travel Industry experience - flights specifically
- Experience working in the rapidly changing environment of a startup
- GDS knowledge
Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . . .
Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the wayside – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
Maturity to work goals at hand, but also able to consider overall strategies of the firm and create opportunities previously unseen.
Understand power of ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business.