Engineering is what drives Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receives over 100 million visitors annually.
We are seeking a detail oriented Sr. DevOps Engineer to tackle high volume, scalable problems with the latest cutting-edge technologies in our fast paced environment. With a focus on scripting, process re-engineering and and collaborating with others; this person will have the skills of an analyst with the technical expertise of an engineer to create solutions for issues that affect the entire company.
There isn't a better time to join our growing team!
- Manage Team Foundation eco-system - including source control, build servers, NuGet server, Sharepoint.
- Own configuration management for existing and new projects
- Monitor build pipelines and deployments
- Monitor live systems and take corrective actions
- Solve increasingly complicated problems and continue to sophisticate our high availability system.
- Derive metrics and data to support meeting key performance indicators
- Provide feedback in a fast growing team regarding all-things scaling, availability, release automation, and monitoring
- At least 5 years of DevOps in a large enterprise/global Windows environment
- Solid understanding of Microsoft TFS setup and administration
- High level administrative skills set in Windows environment
- Strong skills of documenting architecture of both physical and logical diagrams
- Experience/knowledge on setup and configuration of open source stacks: MongoDB, Redis, etc.
- Ability to code script and debug in Powershell
- Ability to communicate with IT teams for task completion regarding domain infrastructure which includes networking configurations (e.g. Load balancer, network segmentation (vlans), firewall rules)
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Proficiency on configuration management tool such as Chef or Puppet will be a big plus
- Strong grasp of automation tools.
- Ability to independently prioritize work and implement resolution plans quickly without oversight and focus on business outcomes
- Proactive in collaborating and openly communicating across functional borders
- Excellent functional communication skills on technical subjects; specifically communicating with IT and business users.
- Be insanely detail oriented and responsible to be trusted to work on our live systems
Personal Impact: Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . . .
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Have the maturity to work on goals at hand, but also the ability to consider overall strategies
- Understand power of our ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business
Mission: To be the world's best flight booking and customer experience company with a human touch