Fareportal is one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receives over 100 million visitors annually.
Fareportal’s Transparency Advocate will help create this culture of clarity via responsibility for supporting company-wide communications programs and activities for key internal business partners, including messaging, planning, execution and measurement of program deliverables. This person will be charged with keeping Fareportal employees informed of company vision, initiatives, and executions via intra-net, e-newsletter, social media postings, speech writing and other venues as identified.
Key Performance Competencies
- Communication skills (strong written and verbal)
- Collaborative approach
- Strong research/journalistic skills
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of communication tools and resources (website, etc.)
- Decision making
- Critical thinking & problem solving
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Write, edit and distribute various internal communications
- Maintain communications intranet site and ensure content is current
- Execute day-to-day activities as directed by VP, Branding
- Support development and implementation of comprehensive internal communications strategy in collaboration with VP Branding
- Consult with business partners across the company regarding communications needs; implement appropriate programs/tactics
- Maintain editorial and corporate calendars with upcoming deadlines and priorities
- Ensure consistent use of the corporate brand and messaging across all functions and platforms
- Work with internal and external resources to direct visual creative, including print and video, as required
- Assist with event planning and execution
- Assist with Speechwriting as required
- Manage vendor relationships as needed
- Maintain corporate component of social media platforms
- Other ad-hoc projects and duties as assigned
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; confident communicator and presenter.
- Creative thinker; ability to evaluate current processes and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Strong ability to grasp new concepts, strategies and initiatives
- Detail-oriented and organized; ability to plan, organize, prioritize and execute multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Strong project management skills
- Collaborative and willing to contribute in a team environment; ability to work effectively with people at all levels of an organization
- Ability to target communications and tone by audience, using both compelling narrative/storytelling as well as technical/professional approaches
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently
- Proficient with social media and other online platforms
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field or significant experience
- Minimum of 2 years of communication experience, including writing, tactical and strategic input
- Proven communications skills with a demonstrated ability to research, analyze, plan and execute effectively and with impact
- Solid knowledge and skills with related applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, content management systems, social media platforms, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of AP Style preferred
- Strong writing and editing background and experience with internal communications in the Travel industry preferred.
Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . .
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Have the maturity to work on goals at hand, but also the ability to consider overall strategies
- Understand power of our ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business
Fareportal’s Mission is to “Make travel effortless, affordable, and enjoyable by providing customers with their perfect trip, through the relentless pursuit of innovation in technology and unsurpassed customer service.” If you love technology, travel and innovation, commence your journey here.