People are what drives Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing online travel companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands receives over 100 million visitors annually.
We are seeking a Director of Customer Excellence for our NY office. The right candidate will not only manage day to day Customer Service operations. Handling the department goals and standards for service, quality, and overall customer experience. This position is responsible for demonstrating CheapOair Customer Operations service standards and developing employees through coaching, counseling, review quality assurance, conducting one-on-one meetings, and overseeing employee’s performance and productivity.
- Assess and analyze agent performance based on a systematic, performance management system that measure both metric and service standard goals
- Assist all Team Leaders, SOD’s on the fly with escalated cases
- Proactively coach on upcoming system, process or website changes or other potential escalation items before they become escalations, thereby ensuring Customer Service Representatives are kept up-to-date and have expert-level knowledge in dealing with customers.
- Implement and monitor standardized peer coaching methodologies
- Prepare for and conduct weekly team meetings and 1:1 meetings with each direct report
- Review performance reports for and with agents and teams. Complete monthly and annual performance reviews for team members
- Help drive innovation in refining and improving performance standards and processes
- Mentor Customer Service Representatives in developing their travel expertise, while providing new opportunities for them to grow their knowledge
- Support and develop strong customer service and communication skills through teaching active listening and customer orientation
- Utilize personal knowledge in travel industry for innovative management techniques through peer sharing and self-study
- Look for opportunities to increase efficiencies in productivity, seat among all sales reps and teams
- Provide subject matter expertise for training, curriculum development and performance improvement initiatives
- Manages day-to-day processes and other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Stream, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years of travel industry experience; must have strong working knowledge of one or more GDS’ (Sabre, Amadeus) and 3rd party software within the airline domain
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and working knowledge in various stages of project management, SOW, design, planning, prioritization and resource management
- Must be a self-starter and problem-solver with excellent interpersonal skills and a “can-do” and “get the job done” attitude
- Must be comfortable working within a fast-paced multi-departmental company environment
- Must have demonstrated ability to work successfully across different cultures and regions
- Experience within a multinational Contact Center environment required and their respective processes (within the travel industry preferred)
- Complete understanding of the front/middle/backend workflow processes and concepts within a travel industry Contact Center
- Must have a firm understanding and experience with service level agreements
- Excellent track record of work experience within the field and achievements
Personal Impact: Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . .
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Have the maturity to work on goals at hand, but also the ability to consider overall strategies
- Understand power of our ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business
Fareportal’s Mission is to “Make travel effortless, affordable, and enjoyable by providing customers with their perfect trip, through the relentless pursuit of innovation in technology and unsurpassed customer service.” If you love technology, travel and innovation, commence your journey here.