Engineering is what drives Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receives over 100 million visitors annually.
We are seeking a proactive IOS Tech lead who is well versed with the functionality of mobile apps, will be responsible for the timely delivery of complex, high availability, high traffic end user applications managing a team of highly skilled engineers
The right applicant will possess strong designing and building experience of advanced applications for IOS platform as well as working experience with mobile app advertising networks such as Facebook, Google AdMob, iAd, Tapjoy, etc. The ability to analyze mobile web traffic to identify success is essential.
This role will enjoy great visibility and have tremendous ownership!
- This person will make sure the systems developed by the engineers are top notch, reusable, scalable and follows the standard coding procedures.
- He will be able to guide the engineers and will help them solve complex technological problems by using cutting edge technologies and will not be afraid to take calculated risks.
- He/she will work closely with the Project Manager to publish sprint timelines and maintain the visibility of the delivery schedules.
- Develop and maintain new features on Mobile Application development.
- Be involved in all aspects of development playing a critical role in design, planning, development & deployment and help develop best practices for future IOS development.
- Fast prototyping of proof-of concept features / application based on brief.
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application
- Use technical knowledge and creative thinking to provide the most innovative solutions
- Optimizing performance for the apps and keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies.
- Proven track record for leading multiple projects/assignments.
- Provide good technical guidance to team members & colleagues within the organization so that their abilities and the overall project quality are enhanced.
- A leader with +ve mindset and self starter, takes initiatives and always looks for refinements.
- 4+ years of experience in software development with a B.E. / B.Tech. / M.E. / M.Tech. / M.S. in Computer Science, electronics or related field from a premier institute.
- Experience in Mobile App development using iOS SDK and should have developed sufficient apps.
- A total 4+ years experience with the software development cycle: product specification, design, implementation, QA, release, and maintenance.
- 4 years of development experience working with iOS App Development.
- Proficiency in developing debugging applications in core Objective-C, Swift experience would be a plus point.
- Programmer Tools: Xcode, Instruments, and Git.
- Frameworks: CocoaTouch, UIKit,Sqlite and Core Data.
- Multithreading, NSOperationQueue and Blocks/GCD to add high performance to the apps is a huge plus.
- Thorough understanding of iPhone memory management & instruments. Working knowledge of Xcode Instruments leak checker and profiler.
- Working experience with debugging tools and third-party utilities for iOS development
- Proficient in working with the Interface Builder. Auto-layout would be a plus point.
- Proficiency in C/ C++ / Objective C / Cocoa.
- Data Structures and algorithm, ORM.
- Experience on web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML) is desired.
- Ability to develop APIs is big plus.
- Good knowledge of Object-Oriented programming and associated design patterns.
- Extensive experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues as well as optimizing code for application performance.
Personal Impact: Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . .
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Maturity to work goals at hand, but also able to consider overall strategies of the firm and create opportunities previously unseen.
- Understand power of ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business
Fareportal’s Mission is to “Make travel effortless, affordable, and enjoyable by providing customers with their perfect trip, through the relentless pursuit of innovation in technology and unsurpassed customer service.” If you love technology, travel and innovation, commence your journey here.