Engineering is what drives Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receive over 100 million visitors annually.
We are seeking a high performing, dynamic, multitasking .Net Engineer for our Ancillaries team to develop and code on one of our fast paced web product development teams that is experiencing very high growth domestically and internationally.
There isn’t a better time to join our growing global team as you will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology as well as the opportunity to learn from some of the best developers in the world.
- Participate in all aspects of the agile product development life cycle from design to delivery
- Work closely with the product managers, infrastructure and development teams to help deliver innovative, world-class SaaS solutions
- Design and develop high-quality code exhibiting excellent performance that meets product requirements with a strong focus on scalability, maintainability, and security
- Work on exciting projects of Globalization and Localization for our international travel automation projects
- Tremendous exposure to a wide range of technologies and business problems you will solve using the latest and greatest web technologies
- Opportunity to interact with various clients and collaborate on different projects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/ Software Engineering degree or related discipline
- 1-3 years of software development experience delivering commercial software products
- Experience in C#, .NET, ASP.NET & MVC, SOA and WCF/XML/Web Api development
- Experience with OOP, SDLC, pattern and practices in multi-tenant system
- Familiar with security mechanisms, including web and web service security and their implementations
- Familiar with ORM, IOC pattern and frameworks
- Experience with Team Foundation Server is a big plus
- Experience in cloud based software development, and HTML5
- OTA/Flights experience; with a strong understanding of the industry
Personal Impact: Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . . .
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Have the maturity to work on goals at hand, but also the ability to consider overall strategies
- Understand power of our ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business
Mission: To be the world's best flight booking and customer experience company with a human touch