Engineering is what drives Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receives over 100 million visitors annually.
We are seeking a proactive Development Manager who is well versed with the Software Development in Information Technology. The desired person will work in Microsoft Technologies including asp.net,C#,MVC, WCF.
This is an interesting opportunity to devise, execute work collaboratively with an exceptional design and technology team driving innovative products.
The right applicant will possess exceptional understanding of Microsoft Technologies.
This role will enjoy great visibility and have tremendous ownership!
- Application development using various tools like .NET Framework 2.0/4.0, Visual Studio 2005/2010 ultimate ASP.NET/C#/ SQL Server 2005/2008 R2 / BI Project/ Crystal Reports, Payment Gateway, experience in VSS, Microsoft Project, Visio, JIRA, and Mantis
- Expertise in devising operational strategies, financial plans, maintaining revenue cycle, and achieving substantial revenue growth and cost reduction
- Responsible for activities that integrate the various elements of project management, which are identified, defined, combined, unified and coordinated within the project management process groups, consisting of Develop Project Test Management Plan, Direct and manage Test Execution, Monitor and Control Project Work, Integrated Change Control and close project management processes
- Ensured total adherence to SLAs/KPIs with focused implementation of process improvements and best practices within support area
- Lead, guide and mentor multiple teams and instill high work tempo to generate peak performance levels
- Define key result areas for team members and provide them periodic feedback on their performance levels
- Comprehensive experience in software development /IT industry, implementation of business application / solutions within preset budgets and deadlines
- Extensive working in Product based environment in the capacity of a technically hands on Project manager on Microsoft technologies platform
- Planning, implementing and scheduling activities in a project plan to ensure completion of the project within the defined timeframe while ensuring quality standards and optimal resource utilization
- Identifying and analyzing the root problem and the basic requirement to propose a suitable solution
- Ensure successful completion of quality project within the time frame
- Manage software production support, Data Migration and maintenance of existing applications
- Adept at managing & leading teams for running successful process operations & experience of developing business continuity plans, procedures, service standards for business excellence
- Managing and leading project team to drive deployment of several projects and process improvement strategy & methodology, ensuring maximum operational efficiency
- Implementing strategies for building team effectiveness by promoting a spirit of cooperation between team members; monitoring performance & providing feedback on areas of improvement
- Delivering and implementing the project as per scheduled deadlines; extending post-implementation and maintenance support / technical support to stake holders and team
- Coordinating with development teams located globally to ensure progress and quality of all deliverables
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Engineering related field
- 12+ years of Software Development
- 8+ years of working with in Microsoft Technologies
- Development Manager with Management experience offering strong experience in Program / Projects Delivery utilizing C#, ASP.Net, SQL Server
- Possess competence in Web application Design, Development, Deployment, Systems Analysis and Implementation of various applications including Client/Server
- Hands on experience in Designing, Development and Deployment of Web Applications .Net, ASP.Net/C#, VB 6.00, VB.NET, MS SQL SERVER 2005/2008 R2, Crystal Reports etc
- Responsible to develop project scope statements. Manage the day-to-day project activities
- Maintain and update project plans
- Coordinating with multiple internal and external teams for development, UAT and QA
- Ensure that all deliveries are on time and to a high standard and also act as a facilitator in the resolution of issues associated with the projects
- Experience in onshore and offshore engagement models
- Managing multi-applications solution delivery with complex integrations across systems implemented by work force
- Excellence in Engagement Management derived from outstanding communication skills with the ability to mentor and motivate taskforces
Personal Impact: Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . .
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Maturity to work goals at hand, but also able to consider overall strategies of the firm and create opportunities previously unseen.
- Understand power of ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business
Fareportal’s Mission is to “Make travel effortless, affordable, and enjoyable by providing customers with their perfect trip, through the relentless pursuit of innovation in technology and unsurpassed customer service.” If you love technology, travel and innovation, commence your journey here.